It was only a matter of time before I discovered that I could create the perfect keto storm with my hollandaise, fathead pizza dough recipe, eggs, and bacon. Ladies and gentlemen, I have a new boyfriend, and his name is Benedict. Eggs Benedict.
- 8 eggs (can poach or make them however you like them for your benedict)
- fathead dough individual pizza crust recipe divided into 4 equal portions and baked accordingly.
- 8 slices cooked bacon or Canadian bacon
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cup melted grassfed butter or Ghee, unsalted (Ghee is easy to find at Trader Joes and Whole Foods)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (more if you like it lemony)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika, or cayenne if you like a little heat
Puree all hollandaise ingredients in a blender (except paprika).
Heat hollandaise mixture in a saucepan over medium heat until the desired temperature.
If you made the fathead bread ahead of time, do a quick reheat in the toaster oven.
Top the “bread” with bacon and other desired toppings of your choice (avocado would’ve been great here or a slice of tomato) with egg over the top. Pour hollandaise over the top.
It’s AWESOME, and you’ll be stuffed after just one. Happy weekend breakfast!