This is one of my absolute favorites. It is perfectly fine vegetarian keto, or you can put bacon in it for the meat lovers.
- 2 Tbsp butter, lard, or bacon fat (for greasing the baking dish)
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cans green chilis (mild or hot depending on how you like your spice), drained
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar, Monterey jack, or other cheese of your choice
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice (for sprinkling over the top)
- 1/2 lb chopped, cooked bacon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9×11 baking dish.
In a large bowl, beat all ingredients together (reserving one cup of shredded cheese). Pour into the baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the egg bake is set and doesn’t “wiggle” when jostled.
Enjoy it topped with sour cream, guacamole, avocado, salsa, red onion, or even jalapenos.