Yep, they’re as good as they look. They’re also simple and great dipped in some ranch or pizza sauce (low carb, of course). This is perfect for an appetizer while watching some fall football and a great keto munchy for the kiddos. They won’t even know the difference between this and a full-on carby version.
- One batch of Fathead pizza dough: https://killerketo.net/2016/01/11/fathead-pizza-crust (do not prepare ahead since you need to work with it when it is warm)
- Pepperoni–the amount will really depend on how much you like.
- 8-12 mozzarella cheese slices
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Make the fathead dough according to the recipe without forming into the individual crusts.
- While still warm, cut the dough in half.
- On a nonstick baking mat or Silpat, use wet fingers and hands to shape each half of the dough into rectangles (size can vary but approximate size is 6×9 inches)
- After forming the dough into rectangles, lay down a layer of cheese topped with a layer of pepperoni. How much you put of each depends on your own personal tastes.
- Sprinkle parmesan over the tops.
- Gently roll each rectangle into a “log”.
- Put in the freezer to cool for 20 minutes.
- Cut each log into 1/4-1/2 inch slices.
- Lay the pinwheels on the non-stick baking mats or parchment, and bake until tops look golden. About 10-15 minutes.
Serve with ranch or marinara sauce. Makes about two dozen.