I have loads of egg bakes that I have been making lately, and I have just been soooo lazy about blogging them. I’m going to try to break my cycle here with this one that I made over the weekend. It is definitely AMAZING, and incredibly easy. I make one of these and then have breakfasts and/or lunches throughout the week that taste just as good as when I pulled it from the oven. It is perfect for batch cooking and grab and go. If you really like to make it easier, make these in parchment muffin cups so that they are really simple to throw in a lunchbox or microwave when you’re busy and on the fly.
- 6 ounces Trader Joe’s Mediterranean Feta or regular feta cheese.
- 1 bag of spinach (standard size, so not the Costco pack), cooked in a skillet until completely wilted and no longer watery (I “overcook” it to dry it out a bit, but you could also squeeze out excess moisture after it cools).
- 8 large or extra large eggs
- 2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup plus 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients while reserving 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and tomatoes.
Pour into a greased 9×13 glass casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top, and place the sliced tomatoes on top of the cheese.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until the bake no longer “jiggles”.