I will say ahead of time, that this tastes wonderful, and the meat is amazingly tender, but I also need to say that this is more of a “stew” because of the lack of thickening the sauce. I think that if I had an immersion blender, I could have made more of a gravy after removing the meat and continuing to saute, but I did not take the time to do that today.
As always, this instant pot meal was incredibly simple.
- 3 lb boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed
- avocado oil (or other healthy oil for high heat)
- 1 tsp salt + salt for seasoning the meat
- 1/2 Tsp. black pepper + pepper for seasoning the meat
- 1 onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1.5 cups beef broth
- 1.5 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s cauliflower rice (optional)
- 8 oz quartered mushrooms
Season the meat on both sides with salt and pepper. Using the saute function on the instant pot, sear the meat for about 4 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate.
Add remaining ingredients to the pot (including remaining salt and pepper). Add meat back in.
Touch the “manual” button, and set a time for 45 minutes. When complete, allow the pot to naturally decompress for at least 15 minutes before using the faster nob option.