TASTES LIKE THE CLASSIC!!!! Let’s revisit this one.
Brace yourselves. This is AMAZING. It truly tastes like tuna noodle casserole, and the textures all come together really well for this recipe! I don’t usually incorporate canned food into my recipes, but I made an exception here to capture the flavor of the casserole of my youth. The net carbs for each serving are 7g. This works well for my macros as a serving is quite large and is a complete meal.
- 1 bag cauliflower rice (from Trader Joes) or one riced cauliflower.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup.
- 2 14oz can mushrooms well drained (use only one can if you don’t really love mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or sour cream OR 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 4 cans (5 oz each) tuna
- 1 cup and 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Microwave the riced cauliflower for seven minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients except for the 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Spread the mixture into a casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
Makes 6 large servings.