Making these babies for easy reheating this week! I must resist devouring them the moment they emerge from the oven.
So since the hot pockets were SO amazing, I wanted to expand on it and make some ahead to reheat for breakfasts during the week. Since the dough is a cheese base, it’s a good idea to allow them to cool for a few minutes after reheating. A toaster oven is ideal, but still quite awesome in the microwave on the run.
I decided to knead the sausage into the crust dough, but that’s optional. It can be used as a stuffing or eliminated completely.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 tbs cream cheese (1 ounce), cubed
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 6 links breakfast sausage, cooked and chopped
Filling (possibilities are endless):
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 4 slices deli american cheese (or any other cheese of your choosing)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Put mozzarella cheese…
View original post 170 more words