Brace yourselves. This is AMAZING. It truly tastes like tuna noodle casserole, and the textures all come together really well for this recipe! I don’t usually incorporate canned food into my recipes, but I made an exception here to capture the flavor of the casserole of my youth. The net carbs for each serving is 7g. This works well for my macros as a serving is quite large and is a complete meal.
- 1 bag cauliflower rice (from Trader Joes) or one riced cauliflower.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup.
- 2 14oz can mushrooms well drained (use only one can if you don’t really love mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or sour cream OR 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 4 cans (5 oz each) tuna
- 1 cup and 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Microwave the riced cauliflower for seven minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients except for the 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Spread the mixture into a casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
Makes 6 large servings.