It was REALLY good! Use my crazy easy breadcrumb recipe. You will NOT regret it!!!
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced into 1/4-1/3 inch slices
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1.5 cups low carb breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup organic marinara (check ingredients and look out for sugars, canola oil or soybean oil as ingredients)
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (optional)
- egg (optional to put on top at the end)
- prosciutto (optional to put on top at the end)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place eggplant slices on parchment and bake for 25 minutes. Allow the slices to cool. Dip in egg and then breadcrumbs. Place eggplant back on the parchment and cook for 7 additional minutes on each side. Warm the marinara over low heat and sprinkle parmesan over the top. Broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Garnish with fresh basil, (egg and prosciutto optional for a breakfast dish).