These were really tasty and surprisingly filling! Make sure that you really grease up the muffin tin. I did one regular size muffin tin and one mini muffin tin. This makes a total of 32 pieces regardless of which tin you use. The edges and bottom come out crispy, so I suggest reheating upside down under the broiler to get it crispy on all sides.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, riced (pulse in food processor or use a grater) or 1 bag of cauliflower rice from Trader Joe’s
- 1 1/4 cups cheese (choose what you like. I used the 3 cheese blend from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (more if you like)
- 2 slices bacon, chopped (more if you like)
- 1 egg, beaten
- grease for muffin tins
Grease muffin tins. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Microwave the riced cauliflower for 9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool for ten minutes, and add all ingredients. Stir to combine. With a 1 Tbsp measure, drop into individual tins. Press to form a flat surface. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool and pop out of the muffin tins. Dip in ranch, low carb ketchup, or marinara!